Saturday, June 27, 2009

2nd camping trip 2009


For our 2nd camping trip of the 2009 season we went to my favorite place to camp - Hecla Island. I find Hecla to be one of the most beautiful spots I have ever camped.  I would love to have a house or cabin there one day.  I can see myself retiring there.  That is my dream.  This time we left on a Saturday morning - June 20th and stayed Saturday and Sunday night and came back on the monday.  That way we didn't have to rush to get set up and had more time to explore.  We arrived in the late morning got our site and set up.  Had something to eat then went to the beach.  I figured I would run around and take photos more on Sunday and use Saturday to relax.  The beach was nice but they need more sand on the beach as sitting on rocks was quite uncomfortable.  The water would've been way too cold for me to go in because this year it still snowed in may and that lake did not thaw out until late in may. I will post one of my favorite photos from that day which is one of my saturday evening sunset photos. I didn't get very many photos that night because the mosquitos were just eating us both alive.   I believe I got around 10 or so shots and then left and walked back through the bush and went to the marina.  I stayed at the marina while my boyfriend went back to get the car.   I did get some lovely shots of the marina while the sun was setting.  Sunday we did the lighthouse trail and walked along the beach and part of the golf course.  It was a beautiful day and we carried with us lots of bug spray.  Its too bad that there were so many mosquitos because boy oh boy were there lots of them.  I've never came across so many mosquitos in my life.  No matter how much bug spray we put on they still kept coming.  We saw a few deer, lots of geese and goslings and even a jackrabbit.  My boyfriend saw a fox but I missed it because I had the camera focused on a deer and didn't see it run behind me.  By the time we made it to sunset beach the sun had already set but I set up the tripod and managed to get some breathtaking photos.  Unfortunately it rained overnight and some of our stuff did get wet and we packed up around 9 am to come home.  Even with all the mosquitos it was a fantastic time and I can't wait to go back.

to view the rest of the photos from hecla island please follow this link:

http://www.cdunningphotography.ca/p780740214

No comments:

Post a Comment